Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Nearly 800,000 health records breached in August Becker’s Health IT
In August alone, 13 healthcare breaches were reported impacting a total of 783,364 individuals.
- CMS pitches coverage of breakthrough devices in tandem with FDA authorization Healthcare Dive
In a proposed rule, CMS announced a plan to cover FDA-designated breakthrough devices.
- BRIEF – White House To Target Hospitals For Uneven COVID-19 Data Reporting – WSJ Reuters
The White House will target hospitals that aren’t reporting timely and accurate information about COVID-19.
- CDC tells states: Be ready to distribute vaccines on Nov. 1 AP News
The government has told states to prepare for a coronavirus vaccine to be ready to distribute by Nov. 1.
- Do big nonprofit hospitals spend more on charity care than for-profits? This study says no Becker’s Hospital Review
A study shows that large for-profit hospitals spend more on charitable services as a percent of expenses than nonprofit hospitals.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.