Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- COVID-19 vaccine trial participant had serious neurological symptoms, but could be discharged today, AstraZeneca CEO says STAT
The participant who caused a shutdown of AstraZeneca’s phase 3 vaccine trial experienced neurological symptoms consistent with a spinal inflammatory disorder.
- Hospital employees wrongly viewed George Floyd’s medical records: 4 details Becker’s Hospital Review
Hennepin Healthcare employees wrongfully viewed medical records of George Floyd.
- Acetaminophen Alters Perception of Risk Neuroscience News
A recent study found that people who took acetaminophen were more likely to take risks.
- Patient sues UPMC after suffering third-degree burns in operating room Becker’s Hospital Review
A man was burned while undergoing surgery when oxygen was ignited by a cautery.
- Telehealth is biggest threat to healthcare cybersecurity, says report Healthcare IT News
Increased use of telehealth presents an increased risk to patient data.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.