Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Iranian Hackers Targeting, Exploiting VPN Flaws of US Healthcare, IT Orgs Health IT Security
Iran-backed hackers are targeting US federal agencies and businesses using flaws in commonly used Virtual Private Networks.
- U.S. plans to distribute COVID-19 vaccine immediately after regulators authorize it Reuters
The government said that it will start distributing a COVID-19 vaccine within one day of regulatory authorization at no cost to patients.
- Beaumont-Advocate Aurora merger stalls amid physician complaints: A timeline Becker’s Hospital Review
After concerns about Beaumont leadership and the merger arose from physicians and nurses, the merger has been put on hold.
- Michigan health director, GOP lawmakers clash over COVID-19 nursing home policies The Detroit News
A heated debate took place over the state’s effort to fight COVID-19 in nursing homes.
- CMS is now accepting grant applications from rural communities to improve healthcare Healthcare Finance News
CMS will award grants to up to 15 rural communities to work with healthcare providers and payers in an effort to improve care.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.