Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Ascension records $1B annual loss Becker’s Hospital Review
Ascension ended the period with a loss from its previous fiscal year.
- Benzodiazepines to Carry Abuse, Addiction Warnings Medpage Today
The FDA is now requiring benzodiazepines to carry warnings about risks of abuse, misuse, addiction and withdrawals.
- J&J kicks off study of single-shot COVID-19 vaccine in 60,000 volunteers Reuters
Johnson & Johnson began a trial of an experimental vaccine that could simplify distribution, compared to the leading rivals.
- Health Data Breach Brings Management Firm $2.3 Million HHS Fine Bloomberg Law
A management company that serves hospitals must pay a hefty fine after a data breach exposed over 6 million peoples’ information.
- Donors urge Beaumont to delay merger until ‘current crisis’ is resolved Becker’s Hospital Review
More than 20 donors sent a letter to Beaumont requesting action be taken on the recently raised concerns from doctors and nurses.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.