Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Aetna settles HIPAA breaches affecting nearly 18,500 members Becker’s Hospital Review
Aetna agreed to pay the OCR $1Million to settle three separate HIPAA violations.
- Medicare finalizing coverage policy for coronavirus vaccine AP
Medicare will cover the coronavirus vaccine for free.
- Hospitals brace for more cyberattacks as coronavirus cases rise The Hill
Healthcare organizations are preparing for more cyberattacks as hackers continue to take advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CMS releases final price disclosure rule: 5 things to know Becker’s Hospital Review
CMS released a final rule requiring health plans to disclose negotiated rates with hospitals and providers.
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US health care system The Detroit News
Cybercriminals are unleashing a wave of extortion attempts against the US healthcare system that could lock up information systems amid the COVID-19 spike.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.