Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Committee chairman blocks bipartisan bill to reduce surprise medical billing Becker’s Hospital Review
U.S. Rep. Richard Neal, D-Mass. has blocked a bipartisan bill aimed at reducing surprise medical bills.
- Leapfrog names top hospitals for safety in Michigan News Break
Five Michigan hospitals including DMC Children’s Hospital in Michigan and four others were recognized by Leapfrog.
- Henry Ford partners with Acadia Healthcare to build new mental health hospital Fierce Healthcare
The two organizations plan to create an impatient treatment facility for behavioral health needs.
- US experts convene to decide whether to OK Pfizer vaccine The Detroit News
An advisory panel will decide whether or not to endorse mass use of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine.
- UK hospital first to use AI cancer treatment tool Healthcare IT News
A UK hospital is using InnerEye, an AI deep-learning tool that accelerates treatment of cancer patients.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.