Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Staff at hospitals in DC, Texas turn down COVID-19 vaccine Becker’s Hospital Review
Multiple hospitals have employees refusing to get vaccinated.
- How top EHR vendors are prepping their systems for COVID-19 vaccines Healthcare IT News
EHR vendors have been taking steps to make sure that when patients receive a COVID-19 vaccine, it is recorded correctly.
- CMS to audit hospitals for compliance with price transparency rule in January Becker’s Hospital Review
CMS will start auditing hospitals in January about its price transparency rule which requires hospitals to post standard charges online.
- Unnecessary C-sections are a problem in the US. Will publicizing hospital rates change that? USA Today
The Joint Commission plans on publicly reporting hospitals with high cesarean section birth rates.
- NIH devising study on rare allergic reactions to coronavirus vaccine The Washington Post
The National Institutes of Health is rushing to devise a study to determine why some people have had severe allergic reactions to the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine.
Happy Holidays from Rickard & Associates, PC!
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.