Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- McLaren Health and feds reach record $7.75M settlement of drug allegations The Detroit News
McLaren Health Care Corp. agreed to pay a penalty to settle an investigation into officials distributing opioids and other drugs without prescriptions.
- OCR Lifts HIPAA Penalties for Use of COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling Apps Health IT Security
The Office for Civil Rights lifted penalties for good faith use of online scheduling applications for COVID-19 vaccine appointments during the pandemic.
- Rhode Island physician deliberately exposed patients, staff to COVID-19, health director finds Becker’s Hospital Review
A physician’s license has been suspended after facing allegations that he continued to see patients while infected with COVID-19.
- Addressing telehealth’s cybersecurity risk will be an industry-wide problem Healthcare IT News
Experts are calling for collaboration to combat cybersecurity risks.
- U.S. Supreme Court rebuffs Merck appeal in hepatitis C patent fight with Gilead Reuters
A Merck & Co bid to revive a jury verdict against a rival drug maker for patent infringement was rejected.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.