Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- FDA issues alert about methanol-contaminated hand sanitizer imported from Mexico USA Today
The FDA has warned that hand sanitizer from Mexico could be tainted with dangerous chemicals or could not work properly.
- Schizophrenia 2nd greatest risk factor for COVID-19 death, study finds Becker’s Hospital Review
People with schizophrenia are nearly three times more likely to die from COVID-19 than those without.
- Hospital Uncompensated Care Costs Grew to $41.61B in 2019 Revcycle Intelligence
There is an upward trend in uncompensated care costs at hospitals.
- Michigan clinic receives ineligible COVID-19 vaccine sign-ups after patient posts confirmation link on Facebook Becker’s Hospital Review
People were turned away after an email link was shared on Facebook that allowed other people to use the link to try to set up their own appointments.
- Telehealth fraud: Tampa pharmacy owner faces 10 years for $931M conspiracy Healthcare IT News
A group was charged with a conspiracy to defraud pharmacy benefit managers by submitting fraudulent prescriptions bought from a telemarketing company.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.