Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Business associates were largely to blame for 2020 breaches Healthcare IT News
Healthcare data breaches soared in 2020 and nearly 75% of breaches were tied to third-party business associates.
- Coronavirus vaccination may be cause of rare blood disorder in at least 36 people: report Fox News
At least 36 people developed immune thrombocytopenia following receipt of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Government investigating massive counterfeit N95 mask scam AP
Counterfeit foreign-made 3M masks were sold to hospitals, government agencies and medical facilities.
- Former hospital chain CEO wins nearly $1M in fees in whistleblower case Becker’s Hospital Review
A former CEO is entitled to attorneys’ fees and expenses after acting as a whistleblower alleging kickbacks for physician referrals.
- ‘Doctors on the Go’ owner sentenced to 9 years in prison for fraud, kickbacks Fierce Healthcare
Denis Mikhlin pled guilty to conspiracy, fraudulently obtaining oxycodone and opioid drugs and receiving illegal kickbacks for sending urine specimens for unnecessary testing.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.