Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Woman who died after transplant surgery at UM got COVID-19 from donated lungs Detroit Free Press
A woman died following a double lung transplant, despite the donor having tested negative for COVID-19.
- Johnson & Johnson’s one-dose vaccine closes in on U.S. approval Reuters
Johnson & Johnson’s one-dose COVID-19 vaccine was 66% effective at preventing moderate to severe COVID-19 in a global trial.
- Vitamin C Fails Again As Treatment for Sepsis NPR
A study showed disappointing result for the promise of vitamin C helping to reduce the risk of death in sepsis patients.
- Neuroscience of overeating: Animal study provides insight Medical News Today
Researches found that they could reduce overeating in rats by switching off activity in the brain.
- Three decades-old antibiotics could offer an alternative to opioid-based painkillers Medical News
A study found that old antibiotics administered together can block a type of pain triggered by nerve damage in animals.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.