Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Canada pauses AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine use for those under 55, wants new risk analysis Reuters
Following reports of bleeding, blood clots and death in young European women, Canada will require a new risk analysis.
- New Jersey plastic surgery provider pays $30K to settle HIPAA case Becker’s Health IT News
Failure to timely provide patient records resulted in a $30,000 fine and two years of monitoring by the OCR.
- Support Builds to Add Telehealth Options for Critical Access Hospitals mHealth Intelligence
A new bill would expand telehealth access for rural mental health patients.
- WHO warns about fake COVID-19 vaccines on the dark web Healthcare IT News
Fake and stolen vaccines are being sold by scammers, aimed at those traveling internationally.
- Dementia: 25 grams of processed meat per day may raise relative risk Medical News Today
There may be a link between processed meat and an increased risk of dementia.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.