Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Justice Department Reports Record Number of Health Fraud Cases Bloomberg
The Department of Justice opened a record number of cases last year involving healthcare fraud.
- Experts call new weight-loss drug ‘groundbreaking’ and a ‘game changer’ The Detroit News
An injectable drug has been approved by the FDA to fight obesity.
- Connecticut physician ordered to pay $15M in billing fraud case Becker’s Hospital Review
A primary care physician was ordered to pay nearly $15 Million for allegedly billing for treatments that were not provided and for over billing.
- A malaria vaccine with live parasites shows promise in a small trial ScienceNews
A vaccine is in development to fight malaria and has shown an 87.5% efficacy in a small group of participants.
- Philip Morris to buy nicotine gum maker Fertin Pharma in push for smoke-free products Reuters
Philip Morris is looking to build its smoke-free portfolio with the purchase of nicotine gum maker.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.