Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Trump-era law on surprise medical bills advances under Biden The Detroit News
The Biden administration is putting protections into place that were enacted under legislation signed by former President Trump.
- Accreditor places Louisiana medical school on probation Becker’s Hospital Review
Graduate medical education programs at Tulane University School of Medicine are on probation.
- HHS warns health systems of PACS security vulnerabilities Healthcare IT News
PACS is open to exploitation when connected to the internet and requires a patch.
- Auditor general to review Michigan’s COVID-related nursing home death data The Detroit News
An audit is underway to determine the accuracy of Michigan’s data pertaining to COVID deaths at long-term care facilities.
- DOJ: Cleveland Clinic-owned Akron General Health System agrees to $21.3M fraud, kickbacks settlement Fierce Healthcare
A settlement was reached after a whistleblower made allegations of paying for referrals and fraudulent claims for reimbursement.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.