Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Tech for sending lab samples used by 3,000 hospitals at risk for hacking Becker’s Hospital Review
Technology used by hospitals across the globe is at significant risk of being hacked.
- Case of deadly yeast infection confirmed in Oakland County The Detroit News
A deadly, medication-resistant fungal infection was identified in Oakland County.
- Chipmunks near South Lake Tahoe test positive for plague Live Science
Chipmunks in South Lake Tahoe have tested positive for plague, but there was no known contact with people.
- NPs get prison time for telemedicine fraud Becker’s Hospital Review
Two nurse practitioners have been sentenced to prison for conspiring to defraud Medicare.
- Pfizer epilepsy drug prices were ‘unfairly high,’ UK review finds Reuters
Britain is arguing that Pfizer charged an unfairly high price for an epilepsy drug.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.