Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Chamber of Commerce Sues HHS Over Insurance Transparency Rule Bloomberg Law
The US Chamber of Commerce sued federal agencies to stop the implementation of a price transparency provision.
- Ascension Michigan to pay $2.8M to feds over hysterectomies The Detroit News
Ascension Michigan has agreed to settle allegations that a doctor performed unnecessary hysterectomies and other services.
- NHS to launch new cervical screening management system Healthcare News IT
A new cloud-based IT system for cervical screening has been announced in England.
- Heavy drinking drove hundreds of thousands of Americans to early graves Science News
A study found that excessive drinking ended lives an average of 29 years sooner than expected.
- Inside the dark web: What hackers are selling network access to hospitals for Becker’s Hospital Review
Some hackers auction off hospital network access and patient records.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.