Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Why Many Doctors Don’t Follow ‘Best Practices.’ NPR, April 22, 2015.
Despite the focus on evidence-based medicine, many doctors do not follow clinical guidelines set by leading medical groups.
2) OIG says governing boards should be wary of compliance issues. Modern Healthcare, April 20, 2015.
Changes to payment models and publicly available data could present new compliance challenges for healthcare governing boards.
3) Does Healthcare Fraud Impact Meaningful Use Audits? EHR Intelligence, April 20, 2015.
While many providers are preparing for the ICD-10 transition, others have attempted to defraud the system and may affect CMS’ stance on audits.
4) CMS commits $3 billion to modernize Medicaid enrollment systems. Modern Healthcare, April 20, 2015.
CMS intends to permanently boost funding to help states build Medicaid systems.
5) LabCorp to let consumers order own health tests. Crain’s, April 20, 2015.
Consumers will soon be able to bypass their doctors by going online to order test results from the biggest diagnostics company in the U.S.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.