Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) HIT Policy Committee workgroups: Stage 3 rule in need of fine-tuning. FierceEMR, May 12, 2015.
The Health IT Policy Committee workgroups don’t agree with all of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ suggestions for Stage 3 Meaningful Use.
2) Cybercrime price tag to reach $2 trillion. Healthcare IT News, May 13, 2015.
Now is the time to get serious about data attacks because they are on the rise.
3) Mentors Help Patients with Rehab and Offer Insider Tips Along the Way. Wall Street Journal, May 11, 2015.
Health care providers are recruiting and training former patients to help current patients.
4) Stiff interoperability penalties in new 21st Century Cures Act. Modern Healthcare, May 13, 2015.
EHR vendors have until January 2018 before facing stiff penalties for a lack of data-sharing in the newest version of the Act.
5) Healthcare jobs in April see big gains. Healthcare IT News, May 12, 2015.
45,000 jobs were added by the healthcare industry in April 2015.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.