Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) CMS gives IT entrepreneurs access to Medicare data. Healthcare IT News, June 2, 2015.
CMS will allow innovators to access Medicare data to conduct research aimed at developing tools and technologies to improve care.
2) House Panel Votes to Repeal Health Law’s Medical Device Tax. The AP, June 2, 2015.
The House committee voted to repeal a 2.3% tax on many medical devices.
3) ICD-10 test sees 88 percent claims pass, few coding errors, CMS says. Healthcare Finance News, June 2, 2015.
CMS said only 2% of rejections were a result of ICD-10 coding errors.
4) Understanding the Rate Increases for Health Care Plans. The New York Times, June 2, 2015.
Insurance companies have begun announcing the rate increases for the health care plans they will sell on Obamacare marketplaces.
5) Medicaid to subject providers to criminal background checks starting Aug. 1. Modern Healthcare, June 3, 2015.
Providers who are considered a fraud risk will undergo background checks that include fingerprinting.
Mark your calendars! On July 1, 2015 don’t miss Healthcare Lawyer Lori-Ann Rickard’s FREE webinar on HIPAA and the Doc Fix bill. Click here to register.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.