Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) New OIG fraud alert puts doctors on notice. Modern Healthcare, June 9, 2015.
Doctors must be careful to avoid payment agreements that could violate the anti-kickback statute.
2) Lawmakers propose ICD-10 two-year ‘grace period.’ Healthcare IT News, June 9, 2015.
U.S. lawmakers are making a third attempt in just over a month to tweak ICD-10.
3) AMA tables telemedicine guidelines amid pressure. Modern Healthcare, June 9, 2015.
Proposed ethical guidelines were tabled during the annual meeting of the American Medical Association House of Delegates.
4) Health care costs rise an average of 3% for midsize companies. Crain’s, June 7, 2015.
Midsize employers will have low health care cost increases this year.
5) ‘Surprise’ – Obamacare insurers desire double-digit hikes. CNBC, June 10, 2015.
If insurers get their wishes, many Obamacare customers will be looking at an average of 12% price increases in 2016.
Mark your calendars! On July 1, 2015 don’t miss Healthcare Lawyer Lori-Ann Rickard’s FREE webinar on HIPAA and the Doc Fix bill. Click here to register.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.