Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Medical identity theft hits all-time high. Healthcare IT News, June 17, 2015.
Medical identity theft has increased 22% from just last year.
2) Wayne State names dean of medical school, adds position to be liaison with physician group. Crain’s, June 17, 2015.
Jack Sobel, M.D. will be dean of the School of Medicine, and David Hefner will be the VP for health affairs.
3) Obama admits HealthCare.gov was a ‘well-documented disaster.’ The Washington Post, June 16, 2015.
Privacy and security of federal IT is again at issue with the high-profile hacking of federal records.
4) CVS to pay $1.9 billion for pharmacies inside Target stores. Crain’s, June 15, 2015.
CVS will expand by adding stores inside more than 1,660 Target locations.
5) Not-for-profit hospital tax breaks double in a decade, but are they deserved? Modern Healthcare, June 17, 2015.
The benefits for not-for-profits have doubled, yet most funds are not being spent on improving community health.
Mark your calendars! On July 1, 2015 don’t miss Healthcare Lawyer Lori-Ann Rickard’s FREE webinar on HIPAA and the Doc Fix bill. Click here to register.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.