Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Supreme Court Upholds Federal Obamacare Subsidies. ABC News, June 25, 2015.
The U.S. Supreme Court upheld federal subsidies across the country in a 6-3 ruling.
2) High-deductible plans change how hospitals interact with patients. Modern Healthcare, June 24, 2015.
High-deductible plans change the way health systems treat patients, they change where patients get their care and how they get their bills.
3) Meet the Health-Law Holdouts: Americans Who Prefer to Go Uninsured. The Wall Street Journal, June 24, 2015.
45% of uninsured Americans forgo coverage by choice.
4) Direct messaging finding stride, despite hurdles. Healthcare IT News, June 25, 2015.
Use and appreciation for secure, email-like data exchange are growing despite challenges.
5) Bill aims to free ASC docs from some meaningful-use rules. Modern Healthcare, June 24, 2015.
The Senate Finance Committee began revising a bill that would change meaningful-use requirements for physicians using ambulatory surgery centers.
Mark your calendars! On July 1, 2015 don’t miss Healthcare Lawyer Lori-Ann Rickard’s FREE webinar on HIPAA and the Doc Fix bill. Click here to register.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.