Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Allegiance Health to join Henry Ford Health System. Crain’s, November 10, 2015.
Allegiance Health of Jackson signed a letter of intent to join Henry Ford Health System.
2) Gene therapies offer dramatic promise but shocking costs. The Washington Post, November 11, 2015.
No therapy is approved yet in the United States, but gene therapy is evolving from experimental to applied medicine and it may come with a hefty price.
3) Companies continue chipping away at health insurance benefits. USA Today, November 11, 2015.
Workers’ share of healthcare costs continue to rise.
4) Cybersecurity strategies evolving in face of big risk. Healthcare IT News, November 12, 2015.
The healthcare industry has shifted to a risk management approach regarding cybersecurity.
5) Doctor Group Asks Regulators to Block Health Insurance Mergers. Bloomberg, November 11, 2015.
The AMA asked U.S. antitrust regulators to block proposed health insurance mergers.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.