Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) HHS Report Finds Fraud, Neglect in Hospice Industry. The Washington Post, July 31, 2018.
The report uncovers missed visits, uncontrolled pain and fraud.
2) Trump Administration Officials Debate Partial Medicaid Expansion. The New York Times, July 30, 2018.
Some Trump officials are pushing hard for Medicaid expansion.
3) Northwell Health Launches Prescription Drugs Mail-Order Program. Newsday, July 29, 2018.
They will fill some employee prescriptions in house, saving over $12M.
4) U.S. Court expedites Indivior rival’s appeal to re-launch generic drug. Reuters, July 30, 2018.
U.S. court pushes the drug Indivior to help treat opioid addiction.
5) Azar Reaffirms Commitment To Medicaid Work Requirements. The Washington Post, July 27, 2018.
Trump administration undeterred by court ruling against Medicaid work requirements.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.