Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) New Trump administration rule will require hospitals post prices online. The Hill, August 3, 2018.
Hospitals will be required to post online a list of their standard charges.
2) Prime Healthcare Services To Pay $65M To Resolve Allegations of Medicare Overbilling. The Associated Press, August 4, 2018.
Hospital pays $65M to settle Medicare over-billing claims.
3) North Carolina’s Move To Fee-For-Service Medicaid Accompanied By Thorough Screening Of All Recipients. Modern Healthcare, August 3, 2018.
NC’s managed care organizations will be required to screen every Medicaid beneficy for access to food, stable housing and transportaiton.
4) Trump administration back off plan to reduce reporting on hospital infections, safety. USA Today, August 3, 2018.
CMS to continue disclosing hospital errors, injuries and infections.
5) Health insurance rates in NY to jump an average 8.6%, far lower than the 24% insurers had thought. The Daily News, August 3, 2018.
Health insurance through the ACA will increase 8.6% in New York in 2019.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.