Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) New York Leader in Malpractice Awards in U.S.
Washington Post, March 15, 2014
2) Health Information Exchanges (HIE) Market Growing
HealthcareIT News, March 14, 2014
3) Surgical Risks not mentioned to Patients for New Procedures
NY Times, March 17, 2014
4) Psychiatrists in Short Supply in U.S.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, March 16, 2014
5) Michigan UofM Health System CEO to step down
Crains, March 18, 2014
6) Small Colorado Hospital Patient Information Hacked; 5400 Patients affected
HealthcareIT News, March 17, 2014
7) Men Receive Care for Heart Attacks Quicker than Women
HealthDay, March 17, 2014
8) Hospital Mergers Causing Higher Prices for Consumers
MLive, March 18, 2014
9) Observation Status in Hospital is Costly for Patients
NY Times, March 18, 2014
10) EHR Adoption Varies Among Different States
USA Today, March 19, 2014
Do you have questions about health care issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click HERE to subscribe.