Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Accenture wins $563M contract to continue with HealthCare.gov. Modern Healthcare, December 29, 2014.
Accenture has won a new five-year contract to continue its work on the federal insurance exchange website.
2) Expect more, bigger healthcare breaches. Healthcare IT News, December 29, 2014.
A new report says the potential cost of healthcare breaches could be as much as $5.6 billion annually.
3) Obamacare cuts Medicaid doctor pay 42 percent in 2015. Vox, December 29, 2014.
Thousands of Medicaid doctors are bracing for a large pay cut in 2015.
4) CEO sees challenges and opportunities ahead for Michigan health care delivery. Crain’s, December 29, 2014.
Rob Casalou, CEO of St. Joseph Mercy Health System, expects to face challenges as a result of merged systems.
5) No health insurance? Penalties to rise in 2015. AP, December 30, 2014.
The cost of being uninsured will rise significantly for millions of people in the coming year.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.