Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) PHI of 485K swiped in USPS data breach. Healthcare IT News, January 5, 2015.
The United State Postal Service reported a cybersecurity intrusion that resulted in compromised personal and protected health information of 485,000 individuals.
2) Crittenton Hospital plans to join Ascension Health. Crain’s, January 6, 2015.
Crittenton Hospital Medical Center will soon join the largest nonprofit health system in the nation.
3) HHS calls Stage 3 rule ‘flexible, clearer framework’. Healthcare IT News, January 6, 2015.
The Department of Health and Human Services sent the proposed rule for Stage 3 meaningful use to the Office of Management and Budget.
4) FDA drug approvals reached 18-year high in 2014. Crain’s, January 5, 2015.
The Food and Drug Administration approved 41 first of a kind drugs in 2014.
5) Medicare’s top-paid cardiologist accused of unnecessary testing. Modern Healthcare, January 5, 2015.
A Florida doctor is accused of inducing patients to undergo unnecessary invasive heart testing.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.