Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Electronic Medical Records Get a Boost. The Wall Street Journal, February 16, 2015.
EMRs may soon be speaking the same language as a result of government and industry initiatives to make data sharing easier.
2) Health IT buckling under rules and regs. Healthcare IT News, February 19, 2015.
Compliance with regulations drives the decisions made by nearly 95% of health IT professionals.
3) Anthem hackers victimized millions of kids. The Hill, February 18, 2015.
The Anthem breach resulted in the theft of personal information of tens of millions of children.
4) Beaumont breaks ground on $40M proton beam center in Royal Oak. Crain’s, February 18, 2015.
Beaumont has broken ground on a single-room proton therapy cancer center.
5) 2 Dead, over 170 potentially exposed in ‘superbug’ outbreak. AP, February 19, 2015.
Contaminated medical instruments are suspected in the outbreak that has affected at least seven patients in a Los Angeles hospital.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.