Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- 5,800 COVID-19 infections detected among 77 million vaccinated people: CDC Beckers Hospital Review A small proportion of Americans – about 5,800 out of nearly 77 million – have contracted COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated against the infection, CDC officials told CNN.
- Change Healthcare shareholders approve $13B UnitedHealth deal Beckers Payers Issues Shareholders of Change Healthcare approved a $13 billion deal to become part of UnitedHealth Group’s OptumInsight.
- BCBS of Rhode Island partners with AI to identify chronic conditions Beckers Payer Issues Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island partnered with Diagnostic Robotics to assist in identifying risks for chronic conditions in its members to curb unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Ascension Michigan chief marketing officer leaving in June Beckers Hospital Review Jan Cosby Adams, the longtime chief marketing officer of Warren-based Ascension Michigan, is leaving Ascension Michigan’s parent company, St. Louis-based Ascension, according to an April 14th memo to leaders and staff.
- Better Medicare Alliance Touts Support for Audio-only Telehealth mhealthintelligence The Better Medicare Alliance has submitted a letter signed by more than 30 groups supporting coverage for audio-only telehealth in Medicare Advantage and PACE programs during the pandemic.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.