Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) FDA Heightens Warning About Drug Combinations. The Wall Street Journal, August 31, 2016.
The FDA issued its most serious safety warning about drug combinations that will be required on opioid painkiller labels.
2) Hospital, Hepatitis C Outbreak Victims Reach Settlement. AP, August 30, 2016.
Trinity Health has reached a settlement regarding the largest outbreak of hepatitis C in recent U.S. history.
3) Providers say new MACRA patient relationship codes are confusing and burdensome. Modern Healthcare, August 31, 2016.
Providers are speaking out against the proposed MACRA codes.
4) Insurers Move to Limit Options in Health-Care Exchange Plans. The Wall Street Journal, August 31, 2016.
Insurers are limiting choices of doctors and hospitals to lower costs as a result of losses on the ACA marketplace.
5) Chinese Cancer Patients Are Illicitly Importing and Preparing Their Own Drugs. Time, September 1, 2016.
Due to a broken health system, Chinese cancer patients are treating themselves.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.