Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Allergan to Buy Vitae Pharmaceuticals for $639 Million. The Wall Street Journal, September 14, 2016.
Allergan agreed to acquire the biotechnology company Vitae Pharmaceuticals.
2) Medical data of U.S. Olympic athletes leaked by Russian hackers. Healthcare IT News, September 14, 2016.
A cybercrime group hacked the World Anti-Doping Agency’s database and released confidential records of 2016 Rio athletes.
3) ER visits surge for injuries, concussions from soccer. Crain’s, September 12, 2016.
Soccer injuries are soaring among U.S. children.
4) GSK shingles vaccine remains effective after four years: study. Reuters, September 14, 2016.
GlaxoSmithKline’s experimental vaccine to prevent shingles remained 90% effective after four years.
5) GOP report: State-run ObamaCare exchanges are headed for collapse. The Hill, September 13, 2016.
The ObamaCare exchanges run by the states are struggling financially and could be headed towards collapse.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.