Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Health Law Tax Penalty? I’ll Take It, Millions Say. They New York Times, Octover 26, 2016.
Many people are refusing to be forced into buying insurance, and are paying the penalty instead.
2) Readying for pricing fight, drug lobby to add $100 million to coffers. STAT, October 25, 2016.
The drug industry’s top lobbying group is asking for more money over an expected drug pricing fight.
3) Some Obamacare rates rise 25% as Healthcare.gov opens for shopping. USA Today, October 24, 2016.
Federal regulators opened the exchange and announced rates will be up 25% for plans.
4) McLaren Greater Lansing makes $1.5 million gift to MSU College of Nursing. Crain’s, October 24, 2016.
McLaren gave MSU money to establish an endowed chair position.
5) Mail-Order Tests Check Cells for Signs of Early Aging. The Wall Street Journal, October 24, 2016.
New tests show if your cells are aging faster than you are, which can signal disease.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.