Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) CMS gives providers 90-day reporting period and eases other meaningful use EHR objectives. Healthcare IT News, November 2, 2016.
CMS has made changes for participants in the Meaningful Use EHR Incentive Program to allow for a 90-day reporting period and by eliminating certain objectives.
2) Community Health Systems Expanding Sale of Hospitals. The Wall Street Journal, November 2, 2016.
More Community Health Systems hospitals are up for sale in an effort to raise cash and pay debt.
3) China approves Pfizer vaccine Prevenar. Reuters, November 2, 2016.
Chinese regulators approved the drug after the firm was forced to shut down its vaccine business in China last year.
4) Skin care center to open in The Scott at Brush Park. Crain’s, November 3, 2016.
Carter-Snell Skin Center and dermatology office will be opening by year’s end in The Scott in Detroit.
5) Major services at UK health system knocked offline by computer virus. Healthcare IT News, November 2, 2016.
Patients were diverted after a virus outbreak on the hospital system.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.