Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Florida pediatricians could see low Medicaid rates increased
Kaiser Health News, August 22, 2014
2) Oracle accused of fraud in design failure of Oregon healthcare exchange
Bloomberg, August 23, 2014
3) Cloud based EHRs crash due to increased internet traffic causing patient issues
Medscape, August 22, 2014
4) Hospitals offer interest-free loans to patients for outstanding medical bills
St. Louis Dispatch, August 24, 2014
5) Home healthcare aid fast growing industry but hampered by high turnover and low pay
Wall Street Journal, August 22, 2014
6) American Hospital Associate asks government to stop compliance audits due to alleged abuses
Becker’s Hospital CFO, August 25, 2014
7) 1/2 Americans fear large Ebola outbreak in U.S.
Huffington Post, August 25, 2014
8) VA releases report that poor care was not responsible for deaths at VA
USA Today, August 26, 2014
9) Healthcare.gov CEO selected
Reuters, August 26, 2014
10) Seven Michigan health centers will split $1.7 million of HHS dollars
AP, August 26, 2014
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.