Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Hospitals must create stellar post-acute care networks to meet new Medicare payment models. Modern Healthcare, December 14, 2016.
Hospitals must develop post-acute care networks to earn incentives.
2) Drugmakers Push Profitable, but Unproven Opioid Solution. ABC News, December 15, 2016.
Pharmaceutical companies are pushing for abuse-deterrent formulations, despite there being little proof that they reduce overdoses.
3) FDA approves Pfizer ointment for chronic itchy skin condition. Reuters, December 14, 2016.
An ointment to treat eczema or atopic dermatitis was approved by the FDA.
4) Ciena opens $4.5 million rehab unit at Regency Heights nursing home in Detroit. Crain’s, December 15, 2016.
Ciena Healthcare opened a rehabilitation unit that includes private and semi-private suites and space for physical and occupational therapy.
5) Ransomware: 70% of businesses attacked pay, IBM study finds. Healthcare IT News, December 15, 2016.
Cybercriminals are expected to earn over $1 Billion from ransomware campaigns in 2017.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.