Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Ascension partners with Lyft to ease patient transportation. Modern Healthcare, December 20, 2016.
Ascension partnered with Lyft to ensure that the most vulnerable patients always have a ride.
2) Sales Executive Pleads Guilty in Fatal Meningitis Outbreak. AP, December 20, 2016.
Two men are facing murder charges from the meningitis outbreak that killed 64 people.
3) CMS finalizes MACRA alternative payment models. Healthcare IT News, December 21, 2016.
CMS unveiled a new final rule that will offer a simpler path for physicians to satisfy the requirements of MACRA.
4) Beaumont Hospital Children’s Center opens new facility in Southfield. Crain’s, December 21, 2016.
A new facility in Southfield will allow children with autism to receive treatment.
5) Japan to step up drug price reviews in bid to curb healthcare costs. Reuters, December 20, 2016.
Japan plans to expand the scope of drug price reviews amid the backlash against high drug costs.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are int