Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) DMC passes new inspection in surgical instruments case. The Detroit News, January 10, 2017.
The Detroit Medical Center officials announced the hospital passed a surprise inspection of its sterilization facilities.
2) CMS issues final rules for home health agencies. Modern Healthcare, January 9, 2017.
CMS finalized minimum standards for home health agencies that are aimed at improving quality of care.
3) Valeant Strikes Deals to Shed $2.1 Billion in Assets. The Wall Street Journal, January 10, 2017.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals is selling assets to refocus around consumer offerings and cut down its debt.
4) Merck leapfrogs rivals in lung cancer drug combination race. Reuters, January 11, 2017.
Merck has pulled ahead in the race to combine immunotherapy with other drugs to treat lung cancer.
5) Presence Health settles HIPAA breach suit for $475,000. Healthcare IT News, January 10, 2017.
Presence Health in Illinois has paid a fine of $475,000 for failing to report a breach in a timely manner.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.