Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) State orders crackdown on McLaren Flint hospital’s water over Legionnaires’ concerns. Crain’s, February 14, 2017.
MDHHS ordered independent water testing at McLaren Flint hospital after an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease.
2) Antitrust Rulings Put Chill on Health-Insurance Mergers. The Wall Street Journal, February 14, 2017.
Two large health insurance mergers will not move forward following recent court rulings.
3) Study: Two-thirds of hospitals bulk up staff to boost clinician EHR adoption. Healthcare IT News, February 15, 2017.
Many healthcare organizations have increased staff to increase EHR adoption.
4) Lawsuit alleges sixth death linked to Pittsburgh hospital mold outbreak. CNN, February 14, 2017.
Another wrongful death lawsuit was filed in connection to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center mold outbreak.
5) How wellness trends may shape health industry in 2017. Fox News, February 15, 2017.
The wellness industry has grown to $3.72 trillion between 2013 and 2015, making it an influential market.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.