Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Epic CEO Judy Faulkner reveals two new EHR versions are in development. Healthcare IT News, February 21, 2017.
Epic is developing new versions of Epic to accommodate different necessities.
2) Beaumont to commercialize its mobile oxygen tank/IV design system. Crain’s, February 19, 2017.
Beaumont has designed a safer and less expensive way for patients to get mobility exercises.
3) Medisafe adds drug-to-drug interactions alerts feature to platform. Healthcare IT News, February 22, 2017.
Technology vendor Medisafe unveiled a new feature that alerts users of possible drug interactions that may alter the way medications perform.
4) New patient group focuses on drug prices amid bipartisan concern. USA Today, February 22, 2017.
A new group will focus only on drug prices and eschewing money from the pharmaceutical industry.
5) Health Insurer Aetna to Spend $3.3B Buying Back Stock. AP, February 22, 2017.
Aetna will spend $3.3 billion to buy back more than 20 million shares of its stock.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.