Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Poll: As people move toward old age, optimism sets in. The Detroit News, March 22, 2017.
Many concerns, including declining health, lack of independence and memory loss, all lessen in people as they age.
2) Providers still not ready for MACRA, Stoltenburg survey says. Healthcare IT News, March 22, 2017.
Many providers reported that they are unprepared for the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act.
3) Pharmacy exec acquitted of murder in meningitis outbreak that killed 19 in Michigan. Crain’s, March 22, 2017.
Barry Cadden was found guilty of racketeering, conspiracy, and mail fraud – but not murder.
4) U.S. bans Indian drugmaker Divi’s factory, shares hit three-year low. Reuters, March 22, 2017.
A production site was banned due to manufacturing violations.
5) Ivenix grabs $50 million to build next generation infusion pump. Healthcare IT News, March 21, 2017.
Ivenix has received equity financing to develop it’s next-generation infusion pump.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.