Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Aetna to Pull Out of Current Affordable Care Act Exchanges. The Wall Street Journal, May 10, 2017.
Aetna will pull out of the ACA exchanges this year due to losses, resulting from the marketplace issues.
2) U.S. FDA approves Merck immunotherapy/chemo combo for lung cancer. Reuters, May 10, 2017.
Keytruda was approved in combination with chemotherapy for advanced lung cancer.
3) Garden City Hospital opens new heart, limb preservation programs. Crain’s, May 10, 2017.
Garden City Hospital opened an elective interventional cardiovascular program.
4) Mylan 1Q profit surges on acquisitions, tops forecasts. AP, May 10, 2017.
Mylan reported a surge in first-quarter profits, due in part to acquisitions.
5) HIPAA breach fines: It’s time to rethink this mess. Healthcare IT News, May 10, 2017.
While fines and penalties might change a hospital’s behavior, fining organizations often causes hospitals to cut IT budgets.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.