Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Budget deal advances plan to test Medicaid mental health integration. Crain’s, June 20, 2017.
A controversial plan set to integrate the state’s physical and mental health delivery system for Medicaid patients is set to go ahead in 2018.
2) CMS gives more small practices a pass on MACRA. Modern Healthcare, June 20, 2017.
Physician practices with less than $90,000 in Medicare revenue or less than 200 unique Medicare patients per year are exempt from MACRA, under the new draft rule.
3) Trump Administration Makes ACA Payments to Health Insurers for June. The Wall Street Journal, June 20, 2017.
Payments were made to health insurers, removing the possibility of an abrupt cutoff.
4) Wayne State gets grant for suicide prevention initiative. Crain’s, June 20, 2017.
WSU has been awarded a grant that will develop education, training, and dissemination of information regarding suicide prevention.
5) Experts: There’s no gray area with ransomware breach reporting. Healthcare IT News, June 20, 2017.
Despite an increase in ransomware attacks and OCR warnings regarding reporting, breach reporting has not gone up.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.