Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) As Affordable Care Act Repeal Teeters, Prospects for Bipartisanship Build. The New York Times, June 28, 2017.
Mitch McConnell suggested Democrats help with the bill to repeal the ACA.
2) Drugmakers Are Racing to Find Alternatives to Opioids. Bloomberg, June 28, 2017.
The government has started to block the sale of certain medications, creating motivation for companies to create alternatives to opioids.
3) Researchers find Petya ransomware vaccine, but no kill switch. Healthcare IT News, June 28, 2017.
Unlike WannaCry, researchers have not been able to stop the spread of the Peyta ransomware, which is running rampant.
4) No payments yet for victims of meningitis outbreak. The Detroit News, June 27, 2017.
No claims have been paid from the $40 million compensation fund set up for victims of the 2012 meningitis outbreak.
5) Walgreens scraps Rite Aid takeover, to buy 2,186 stores. Crain’s, June 29, 2017.
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. scrapped its deal to purchase Rite Aid Corp. that had been under FTC scrutiny, and will instead buy 2,186 stores.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.