Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) In Start to Unwinding the Health Law, Trump to Ease Insurance Rules. The Wall Street Journal, October 11, 2017.
President Trump is initiating the unwinding of the Affordable Care Act and instructing agencies to allow the sale of less-comprehensive health plans.
2) J&J is struggling in Puerto Rico, but claims to be making progress. STAT, October 11, 2017.
Johnson & Johnson production facilities are attempting to recover from Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.
3) Merck says will not seek approval of cholesterol treatment. Reuters, October 11, 2017.
Merck & Co Inc will not seek approval for its experimental cholesterol drug.
4) Trump Names Hargan as Acting Health and Human Services Secretary. Bloomberg, October 10, 2017.
President Trump designated Eric Hargan as acting secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services after Tom Price’s resignation.
5) Express Scripts buys medical benefits management firm eviCore for $3.6 billion. USA Today, October 10, 2017.
Express Scripts has reached a deal to acquire eviCore, which administers medical benefits for 100 million people.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.