Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) CVS, With an Eye on Amazon, to Launch Next-Day Delivery. The Wall Street Journal, November 6, 2017.
Early next year, CVS will offer next-day delivery of medication in an attempt to compete with Amazon.
2) Trump signs into law Shaheen, Collins measures on diabetes. AP, November 6, 2017.
President Trump signed into law a bill establishing a national commission of health care experts on diabetes care and prevention.
3) DMC Guild purchases 1,000 ‘bleed control kits’ for first responders. Crain’s, November 9, 2017.
The DMC Guild purchased 1,000 tourniquet kits to help Detroit Receiving Hospital and Wayne State University emergency services train and outfit first responders.
4) Science battles politics in growing state-by-state debate over HIV felony charges. CNBC, November 7, 2017.
In six states, individuals with HIV who knowingly expose a partner must register as a sex offender and can face felony charges, even with breakthrough treatments that limit the risk of exposure.
5) Athenahealth closing Atlanta Client Support Center, laying off 61 workers. Healthcare IT News, November 6, 2017.
CEO Jonathan Bush is closing the Atlanta support center for the struggling EHR company.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.