Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) UnitedHealth Says Tax Overhaul To Boost 2018 Earnings. The Wall Street Journal, January 16, 2018.
UnitedHealth Group, Inc. will increase earnings by roughly 16% due to the technology and data initiatives in the federal tax overhaul.
2) Henry Ford Health System restricts visitor access as flu season picks up stream. Crain’s, January 18, 2018.
Henry Ford Health System is temporarily restricting access to visitors at its metro Detroit hospitals, due to the intensifying flu season.
3) Republicans Bet Health-Care Funds Shuffle Will Help Get Spending Bill Passed. The Wall Street Journal, January 17, 2018.
Republicans are agreeing to delay some ACA taxes and renew CHIP funding in hopes to land support for a short-term spending bill.
4) Fed Up With Drug Companies, Hospitals Decide to Start Their Own. The New York Times, January 18, 2018.
Some of the largest hospital systems are going into the drug business themselves.
5) Beaumont, Grosse Pointe names new chief medical officer. Crain’s, January 15, 2018.
Nicholas Gilpin, D.O. has been appointed chief medical officer.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.