Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) FDA approves Novartis combo therapy for aggressive type of thyroid cancer. Reuters, May 4 2018.
A new type of combination therapy has been approved to treat advanced thyroid cancer.
2) Senators encourage FDA to pull powerful opioids from store shelves. The Washington Examiner, May 4, 2018.
Senators are urging the FDA to pull a powerful opioid from the shelves to help fight in the opioid crisis.
3) Trump to deliver major address on drug prices, but advocates predict small steps. USA TODAY, May 4, 2018.
Advocates say Trump has ground to make up drug prices.
4) Many State Hospital, Prison Doctors Without Medical License. US News, May 5, 2018.
Due to a shortage of psychiatrists many state hospital and prison doctors are practicing without a license.
5) Idaho officials negotiating on ‘state-based’ insurance plan. Associated Press, May 5 2018.
They are looking to implement a state-based plan through the ACA.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.