Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Telemedicine growing in Michigan
Crains, October 20, 2014
Interesting article showcasing local companies tapping into the growing market of telemedicine
2) US Healthcare system ranks last in wealthy countries for patient access and affordability
HealthDay, October 22, 2014
Article highlighting the expense and lack of access for patients in the US.
3) Study shows that consolidation of hospitals increases costs for patients
JAMA Network, October 22, 2014
As hospital consolidations continue, costs are rising
4) Money problems add to the already heavy burden of cancer patients
MedPage, October 22, 2014
1 in 4 cancer patients reported financial hardship and/or bankruptcy beyond their treatment period
5) Americans show distrust of the medical profession according to survey
Harvard researchers find that patients distrust all public institutions, including healthcare providers
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.