Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Wayne State program boosts primary care access by $1.2 million, Crains
Wayne State receives a federal grant to help underserved get access to primary care.
2) CMS again gives more EHR wiggle room, this time for chronic care-use, Modern Healthcare
CMS relaxes the EHR requirement for some chronic-care services in the final rule on the physician fee schedule.
3) Stryker Corp. to pay $1.43 billion to settle hip implant cases, Crains
Kalamazoo-based Stryker has to pay to settle thousands of claims regarding the surgical removal of Stryker hip implants.
4) New app aims to be Uber for house calls, Healthcare IT News
A New York company is helping patients and doctors connect through an app to arrange for house calls from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
5) Poor MU showing renews call for change, Healthcare IT News
Meaningful Use Stage 2 attestation numbers are extremely low, with only 2% of eligible professionals meeting Stage 2 so far.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.